Wednesday, March 12, 2014

3/12/14

The weather this morning was some of the worst I've ever seen. For Chicago it was just horrendous; so much wind, so much snow and ice. It was the first time I've actually been pissed about the weather. The 20 minute walk to the gym took me about 30 this morning. Anyway, once I got the gym and started moving I became a lot happier. I had a really great training session. Had to go light on the snatching due to my ridiculous hand tear. Everything else felt great though. Also my training partner PRed his snatch and his snatch + hang snatch. He is really close to a bodyweight snatch, it is great to see him progress.

A.
Three sets, not for time, of:
Toes-to-Bar x 12 reps
Alternating Pistols x 10 reps (5 each leg)

-Complete, felt easy. Pistols in nanos are no problem now. I used to have to rely on my weightlifting shoes.

B.
Six sets of:
2-Position Snatch
(one from the floor, then the hang)
Rest as needed

-2 Sets @ 135#, 4 Sets @ 155#
-Kept this really light, my hand is jacked up.

C.
Dead-lift
*Set 1 – 5 reps @ 70% (345#)
*Set 2 – 3 reps @ 80% (395#)
*Set 3 – 2 reps @ 85% (425#)
*Set 4 – 1 rep @ 90% (445#)
*Set 5 – 10 reps @ 73% (355#)
Rest 2 minutes between sets

-I was basically doing these off my finger tips due to my hand, got all the reps and felt good though.

D.
Six sets of:
AirDyne Intervals
2 Minutes @ 85-90%
60 Seconds @ 60-65%

-Cals: 72, 80, 60, 65, 58, 65
-Went as hard as possible, definitely felt myself gassing toward the end. Great effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment