Monday, March 31, 2014

3/31/14

I'm for sure on my gym's Regional team, but I had to give 14.5 another go for my own reasons. I just wanted to push myself to my limits and improve over my last effort. My triceps/chest/shoulder/posterior chain were all smoked from Saturday. I just wanted to go way outside my comfort zone and push myself to that next level though. My goal was to get all the thrusters unbroken (last time 15 was 9/6 and 12 was 6/6). Today I got the 15 unbroken, but dropped the 12 for a 9/3. It just hurt... too much... I was disappointed in myself for breaking this set, but overall I was happy I improved my time by about :30 seconds. I wanted to open up more on the set of 9... but there was just literally nothing there in the tank. I went as hard as I was capable of doing and pushed myself to do something I had never done before; that is what Crossfit is all about for me.

This year's Open was really interesting for me. I have improved my fitness in a lot of ways this year. I have the biggest 'engine' I've ever had and I'm stronger than ever. BUT I'm actually worse at pull-ups and burpees than I have been in years past. I think I just need to get back to the basics of gymnastics and keep my bodyweight closer to 190-195 instead of 200-205.

It was been a good year coming off of Marine Corps OCS. To come back and train as hard and consistently as I have been has been amazing. I plan to keep the intensity and consistency just as high this year and I want to compete at the 2015 Regional individually and score top 48 on all 2015 Open WODs.

I'm pumped to be on such a great team with a lot of talented and hard working people. It will be a fun Regional this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment