Monday, March 3, 2014

3/3/14

AM Workout (0530) 

Gave 14.1 another go. I usually train everyday at 5 AM. On Friday I did the WOD around 8 PM and got 353. I naturally did better this morning. My goal was 360+ ... I got 395. I was obviously stoked about this score. I felt really good and paced the entire workout, I went out of the gate very slow and it paid off. I only broke up the last two sets of snatches 9/6. Missed about 4-5 double-unders throughout random sets. Great day in the gym for me. I might get around to the usual programming this evening after work if I feel good/have the time.


I was pretty anxious yesterday. My hamstrings were still really sore and I really wanted to get 360 reps. I was stressing about my performance for the first time in a very long time. I'm usually stoked to train and throw around some heavy weights every morning. It was good to go out there and push myself way outside my comfort zone. Training is fun. Training is easy. You get to hangout with your best friends and lift heavy weights. Competing is not always fun and it's never easy. Competing is a great way to bring out the absolute best performance you've got though. There is no way I would have gone this hard without the push of competition. I guess that makes the stress and anxiety worth it. I'm really proud of myself and the training I've put in this year. I've been very consistent and worked very hard. I really hope HSPU do not come up in the Open. They are the only thing really holding me back.

PM Workout (1900) 

Had a long day at work and school, but got in the gym and felt great.


A.
Two sets of:
Accumulate 60 seconds in an L-Sit
Accumulate 60 seconds in a Handstand Hold, Nose-to-Wall
Accumulate 60 seconds Front Leaning Rest on Rings
(the top of the push-up position with rings 1″ off the ground)

-Complete

B.
Every minute, on the minute, for 10 minutes:
Clean & Jerk x 1.1.1 @ 80% (225#)
(rest 10 seconds between singles)

-Missed minute 7 and 9... went into 12th minute to finish all 30 reps. Felt strong though, this seemed tough. I've never done a 3 EMOM at 225#.

C.
For time:
15 Thrusters (135/95 lbs)
5 Rope Climbs (15′)
12 Thrusters
4 Rope Climbs
9 Thrusters
3 Rope Climbs
6 Thrusters
2 Rope Climbs
3 Thrusters
1 Rope Climb

-9.48. Ouch. I was training alone and straight up did not want to do this. Went hard anyway.

D.
3000m Row @ easy effort

-Time of 12:46.

No comments:

Post a Comment