Saturday, March 8, 2014

3/8/14


My body felt a lot better today than yesterday. I'm not sore at all in my biceps and shoulders which I'm happy about. Monday should be good to go. I'm excited to give it another go. Facing adversity and stepping up to a challenge way outside your comfort zone is one of my favorite things about crossfit. I will give it my all come Monday. I am lot better off mentally after training again. I had a really good morning session with my bros. They are great dudes.

I also weighed in today at 204#. I just wanted to know where I'm at given my terrible performance last night.

I haven't weighed in since 12/7/13 at 212#.

So I happy that my reduction in calories has worked. I haven't been super crazy about it, but I've cut out dairy and reduced my overall carbohydrate/caloric intake. I've also set a lot of strength PRs since cutting weight, so it's been good.

A.
Every minute, on the minute, for 20 minutes:
Power Clean x 1 rep
(add 5-10 lbs every minute until you reach a weight that you miss, then back off 5-10 lbs and stay there with the intention of hitting all remaining reps at that weight)

-5 minutes @ 235#
-4 minutes @ 255#
-3 minutes @ 275#
-1 minute @ 285# (PR tie)
-2 minutes @ 295# (failed both attempts)
-5 minutes @ 275# - felt really solid here

B.
For 15 minutes, rotate through the following three stations on the minute:
Minute 1 – 200m Row (took about :40 every time, kept 1:40-49 every interval)
Minute 2 – 10 Deadlifts (225/155 lbs)
Minute 3 – 12 Burpees to 6″ Target

-Complete, felt solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment