Sunday, July 10, 2011

7/10/2011

Today was a great workout. I was a little nervous to get back in the gym. My diet has been off and I've drank a lot of alcohol in the last week with the 4th of July Holiday. I'm a bit distraught about my training. Everything is going well and I feel strong and conditioned in the gym, I just have guilt about eating bad food and drinking alcohol. But overall I feel fit and strong. Anyway, today looked like this:

Front Squats - 6 x 2 @ 88% (255 lb)

Clean Halting Dead-lifts 3 x 3 (205, 205, 215) - three clean grip dead-lifts, on third rep do a hang squat clean.

Conditioning:

21-18-15-9-6-3

Push Jerk #135
Pull-ups
Wall-balls
200m Run after each round

Time: 18.50. This workout was great. The push-jerks were just heavy enough to be challenging. I actually got to train with two other solid athletes, this definitely made me push it a little extra. One guy beat me by about a minute and then the other guy fell off and finished a few minutes after me. I cut the lifting short, there was some clean pulls and push-presses programmed, but I didn't want to trash my shoulders before all the push-jerks. Overall a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment