Tuesday, July 12, 2011

7/12/2011

Today was a little different, but it was awesome. It was some of the best conditioning I've done in a while. I also set a PR today which I was ecstatic about.

Long dynamic warm-up

- Work up to 145 lb power snatch, then....

5 Sets of : 1 Power Snatch and 3 OH Squats @ 145 lb

- Work up to a heavy single on snatch balance - 135, 155, 172, 180.

The 172 and 180 were PRs; my previous best was 165. The 172 was a legit snatch balance. The 180 was more of a rack jerk and OH squat combined. Either way, 180 is a snatch balance and OH squat PR for me. This is getting really close to a body weight OH squat. This has been a goal of mine for a while so I was almost giddy about this lift today. I'm really enjoying my current training program, I'm definitely seeing some good strength gains.

Metcon:

6 Rounds, 3 Minutes each, 1 Minute rest between each round

AMRAP
3 Power Cleans @ 155
6 Push-ups
9 Squats/Ring Dips (alternate each round - 1/3/5 Squats - 2/4/6 Dips)

I scored 26 Rounds and 25 reps. I did the metcon with one of the gym's best athletes who competed at regionals this year. He beat me by 1 round. The only thing that got me were the ring dips, he was much faster than me. Ring dips are in general a weakness of mine, but also after the snatch work they were rough on my shoulders. Training with a legit athlete was awesome and I really pushed it. Today was great, I love OH Squats.

No comments:

Post a Comment