Thursday, July 7, 2011

7/7/2011

I was more sore today than I have been in a while. Yesterday took a lot out of me. My quads and glutes were extremely sore. My chest was also slightly sore. Today looked like this:

Long dynamic warm-up

115 lb Snatch EMOM for 10 minutes - this proved to be a great way to warm-up.

Metcon:

'Nasty Girls'
3 Rounds for time:
50 Air Squats
7 Muscle-ups
10 Hang Power Clean @ 135 lb

Time: 9:27.

I have never done this workout before, but I ended up really enjoying it. The air squats proved to be the most challenging part. I could have gone significantly faster had I not done 30 x 300 lb back squats yesterday. The muscle-ups were unbroken on the first set, then 4 / 3 then 2s and 1s for the last set. The HPC took only a few seconds each round, they were by far the easiest part of the workout. I know I could score significantly better on this workout with fresh legs. Overall a great workout. I'm looking forward to some heavy lifting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment