Saturday, July 16, 2011

7/16/2011

Today was the best workout I've had in recent memory. There were 5 other really good athletes to train with and I ended up beating them all. I had no idea I had the gas in my tank that I had today. Maybe it was the extra rest day, or the fact the strength training didn't tax me, but whatever it was it was great.

Work up to a heavy single on snatch: 145, 155 (missed, had it in the hole, dumped on way up)

Metcon, for time:

6 Muscle-ups
50 Air Squats
10 Dead-lifts @ 255
6 Muscle-ups
40 Air Squats
10 Dead-lifts @ 255
6 Muscle-ups
30 Air Squats
10 Dead-lifts @ 255
6 Muscle-ups
20 Air Squats
10 Dead-lifts @ 255
6 Muscle-ups
10 Air Squats
10 Dead-lifts @ 255

My time: 11:27.

Rest 5 minutes then:

Tabata sit-ups with plank as rest, immediately followed by 60 seconds of planking.

I did all the air squats unbroken and fast. The first two sets of MUs were unbroken, then 4/2, 3/3, 2/2/2. These sets were with little rest, just jumping off the rings, shaking out my arms and getting back on the rings. I was really happy about this. This is the best I've ever felt on muscle-ups. This is what won me the workout, I just didn't stop. The dead-lifts I did every set 5/5. Immediately after the set of air squats I'd bust out 5, then chalk up and then 5 more. Everything was fast, I felt conditioned and strong. Having other athletes of a similar caliber around is a great feeling. I'm working out with a solid athlete tomorrow; I'm stoked to train again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment