Monday, July 18, 2011

7/18/2011

AM Workout

Today was a little bit discouraging. The workout was 'Chelsea' (5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 squats EMOM for 30 minutes). I really like this workout, the last time I did it I stopped voluntarily at 20 rounds. This was almost exactly 3 months ago on 4/19/2011. I remember then that I blew through everything and I was going to do 30 rounds, but my coach stopped me at 20 because it was active recovery during the 'Open.' Today I failed at 18 rounds. My chest is extremely sore from the 30 muscle-ups on Saturday and the moderately heavy bench press yesterday. I just couldn't keep going on the pushups. I actually tweaked my left pec a little bit, it was still tight and a little painful after the workout for a few hours. I'm going to lay of my chest for a while. I was really hoping for 30 rounds. I know if fully recovered I could get 30 rounds. I will try in another 3 months.

I have been owning workouts and setting PRs since starting my last training cycle. Today is a way of keeping me humble, it was a rough day and overall the 'worst' (even though I loved it) day in the gym I've had in a while. That's why I love crossfit. There is always something to work on or learn. The sport itself is is constant improvement and learning.

PM Workout - 6+ hours after AM

Easy 3 mile run. I wasn't planning on doing a run today, but a friend asked me if I wanted to go. We went very easy. I felt great, it was sunny and nice to get in some active recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment