Thursday, January 12, 2012

1/12/12

AM Workout (1030)

This morning was a short, but extremely intense workout. The best dead-lifting I've done in a while. My knee was a little agitated, but didn't hurt much.

Every minute on the minute for 10 minutes:

2-2-2-2-2-1-1-1-1-1 - Dead-lifts @ 400#. I was trying to do doubles the entire way through, but only made it 5 minutes of doubles, then had to switch to singles. Total reps in 10 minutes: 15. This was extremely challenging. I was light headed for a while after this. 400 lbs is about 89% of my 1 RM. This was a bit too much for 10 doubles, but I'm glad I went hard. The last few singles were just awful. My form was probably a little compromised on the last few reps. But overall a solid session. I took about 20 minutes after this and just sat down.

Rest 20 minutes then...

AMRAP 10 Minutes:

20 Russian Twists (20# ball)
20 Overhead Ball Sit-ups (20# ball)
10 GHD Sit-ups

5 Rounds and 7 Overhead Ball Sit-ups (277 reps)

This was a good short WOD. After those dead-lifts I was so taxed I couldn't really do much else aside from core work. I almost did a WOD with some knee movement in it, but I decided not to play with it. I foam rolled after this workout, made my back feel a lot less tense.

PM Workout (1830)

Warm-up, at 70%:

250m row x 4 (first two intervals, no foot straps, second two intervals straight arms) - rest is partner's set, while "resting" you are planking. Great warm-up.

Workout:

4 x 1000m row. Rest is partner's interval.

3:16, 3:30, 3:30, 3:31. I went hard as hell on these. They were awesome. I was really happy my knee didn't hurt at all. I love interval training. Hamstrings were definitely tight after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment