Monday, January 16, 2012

1/16/12

The appointment with the doctor went well. I got an x-ray, but no MRI. After going over everything with the doctor he assumes that I have a little chondromalacia of my patella. Basically an overuse injury (6-8 weeks should be back to normal if I take proper care of this). I was told to RICE and don't partake in any activity that causes pain/inflammation. This is basically what I've been doing. I did some air squats today and there was no pain. There is no pain unless I go ass to calf on the squat. Just below parallel doesn't hurt, but I'm still going to cut out squatting movements for a while. This is really untimely considering the open starts so soon. I'm trying to stay mentally positive and keep my head in the game.

3 Super-sets @ 2 minutes rest:

3 Strict Press @ 135#
8 Dumbbell Bench Press (2 x 65#)
8 Dumbbell Bench Press (2 x 50#)

This was actually decently exhausting. The last set of dumbbell bench with the 50s was excruciating.

Rest 10 minutes then...

500m Row TT

-1:24.8. This was a PR, but I was hoping I'd go a little faster. I went as hard as I could. I put the damper on 6. I think I'd like to do this again with the damper on 9/10 and see where I land.

Rest 10 minutes then...

AMRAP 12 Minutes:

20 KB Swings (53#)
20 Push-ups
50 Sit-ups

4 Rounds + 25 sit-ups. Solid AMRAP, a hell of a lot of sit-ups. There was a set of 40 squats programmed in between the push-ups and sit-ups, but I had to cut them out. Overall a solid session in the gym that wasn't extremely taxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment