Thursday, January 19, 2012

1/19/12

Today was a less taxing day. I'm registered for a competition this weekend, but I haven't decided if I'm going to do it. I'm still working around this knee. It hasn't hurt it in a while and I did air squats at 100% intensity today in my warm-up, but I don't want to turn a minor injury into a major one. I'm still undecided, but I'm tapering down anyway just in case I do the competition.

EMOM for 10 Minutes:

135# Power Snatch
6 GHD Sit-ups

-This was a longer warm-up. I tried to bang out the repetitions as fast as possible each minute. This felt really good. I'm thinking of doing his again at 165# and 12 GHDs a minute, that would be a solid workout.

Rest 10 minutes then...

8 x 250m Row @ 120 seconds rest.

The first 6 intervals were in the 39-44 range; the last two were 45/46. This was great, I tried to go all out. Felt good. I don't know what to do about this knee. I'm leaning toward not competing. I really want to compete, but I don't want to ruin my chances at qualifying for regionals by trashing my knee in a local competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment