Thursday, June 14, 2012

6/14/12

Today was a decent session. Really simple, really intense. Felt awesome on the lifting, felt crappy on the metcon. I think the lifting took a ton out of me; the last set of touch and goes was extremely difficult.

Squat Clean, touch and go reps, fast - 5,5,5,5,5 - 185, 205, 225, 235, 240 (this is definitely a huge PR)

Rest 15 minutes then...

For time:
150 Russian KB Swings (2 pood)

Rest 2 minutes...

150 Wall-ball

Total time: 15:10. The Russian swings are to chest level, not overhead. On this movement the emphasis is hugely placed upon the hips and squeezing the glutes while keeping the arms totally loose. They are significantly easier than the traditional crossfit swing, but are a useful training tool. I felt horrible on the wall-balls. That was definitely the slowest 'Karen' I've ever done. My shoulders and triceps gave out really early into the reps. On a positive note, I felt really strong on the squat cleans and was very happy to PR. Looking forward to some conditioning tomorrow and resting over the weekend to set some 1 rep max PRs next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment