Thursday, October 22, 2015

10/22/15

AM Workout (0600) 

I felt a little flat this morning... probably because I ran last night and didn't eat anything afterward. But overall I had a decent workout... nothing maximal during training today, but got some good conditioning out of this. Tough day mentally... just starting to dead-lift again and strict HSPU are always tough for me. But I got a lot out of this, even if I wasn't able to go as hard as I would have liked to given my injury.

A. 
Every 2 minutes for 14 minutes (7 sets) of: 
2 Power Cleans + 1 Jerk @ 70% (225#) 

-Got all these reps easily. Low percentages, but was good to get some reps in. 

B. 
On a 36:00 Minute Clock: 

AMRAP 7 Minutes: 
2-4-6-8-10... 
Dead-lift (225#)
Strict HSPU 

Rest 5 minutes then... 

AMRAP 7 Minutes: 
2-4-6-8-10... 
Power Clean (155#) 
Alternating Pistols 

Rest 5 minutes then... 

AMRAP 7 Minutes: 
2-4-6-8-10... 
Muscle-ups 
Alternating Dumbell Snatch (75#) 

-Round of 10 
-Round of 12 + 9 Power Cleans 
-Round of 8 + 7 Muscle-ups 

-This was really good conditioning, I was totally smashed by that last AMRAP. Good stuff. 

C. 
Every 2 minute for 10 minutes (5 sets) of: 
Close Grip Bench Press, with a 3 Second Pause at Bottom x 3 Reps 

-165# across. Haven't done much close grip bench lately... and haven't don't any pause benching. I felt really weak here, but that was to be expected after all the conditioning stuff.

PM Workout (1600) 

Felt really good this afternoon... basically better than I did this morning?? How does that work?? But I remember that happening a bit back in the day when I trained twice a day more frequently. Anyway, I got in some very good conditioning this afternoon ... the second part was some of hardest work on my core that I've done in a very long time.

A.
For time:
100 Wall-balls (20#)
-5 Pull-ups on the minute

Straight into...

100 Kettle-bell Swings (53#)
-4 Burpees on the Minute

-10:42 ... Wall-balls done in 4 sets of 25 ... this was difficult, but I had a plan and stuck to it. It hurt, but I'm really glad I pushed through the pain and got those done. The swings were more of a shit-show... random numbers of reps, just trying to get through it. This was very solid conditioning overall. Very simple, but very high intensity.

Rest exactly 10 minutes then...

B.
For time:
40 Calories Airdyne
30 GHD Sit-ups
20 Toes-to-Bar
30 Calories Airdyne
20 GHD Sit-ups
10 Toes-to-Bar
20 Calories Airdyne
10 GHD Sit-ups
5 Toes-to-Bar

-10:30 ... this was much harder than I thought it would be... especially the set of 30 GHDs into the set of 20 T2B ... had to break that up in 4 sets of 5. Great conditioning, glad I got this in.

Meals for the Day: 

0520 (pre-workout) - BCAAs, 1 Scoop Pre-workout

0800 (post-workout) - Egg White Protein, Grilled Potatoes and Onions, Grapes, 1/2 Gluten-free Muffin

0830 - 16 oz Black Coffee

1030 - 2 Buffalo Jerky, 1/3 Cup Cashews

1400 - Chicken Shawarma, Tabouli, Israeli Salad, Hummus, 1 Cup Kefir

1700 (post-workout 2) - Egg White Protein, 1 Rx Bar

2030 - Paleo Chili (ground beef, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms), 1 Avocado 

No comments:

Post a Comment