Monday, October 26, 2015

10/26/15

AM Workout (0600) 

Today was the shittiest workout I've had in months. I haven't felt this shitty about myself in a very very long time. This is in stark contrast to the last two days of great workouts where I felt very fit. But today I just felt like complete shit and had a terrible and embarrassing time in the gym. Not sure if its the low-carb paleo diet I've been following or the heavy grace on Saturday, or the run yesterday, or the combination of all of those things, but I just felt flat and terrible in the gym. Also, I haven't squatted at all in almost 9 months now ... I think the lack of leg strength is catching up with me and making me worse at just about everything. I'm so tired of being injured and worse at crossfit every fucking day.

A.
Every 2 minutes for 8 minutes (4 sets) of:
Touch-and-Go Snatch x 3 Reps @ 75% (185#)

straight into...

Every 2 minutes for 4 minutes (2 sets) of:
Snatch x 2 Reps @ 80% (195#)

-Complete ... these were full squat snatches, felt good to not do power snatches for once.

B.
'Fran'
21-15-9
Thrusters (95#)
Pull-ups

Below are my 'Fran' times: 

11/30/11 - 3:02 - unbroken with non-butterfly pull-ups  

11/27/12 - 3:08 broke up 15/9 pull-ups 

10/25/14 - 3:06 unbroken butterfly pull-ups

10/26/15 = 3:50, broke up thrusters on 15, broke up pull-ups on 15/9

I haven't broken up the thrusters on 'Fran' since 2010 and I did today ... I just had no drive and felt flat. It is a terrible feeling. 

Over time, I've getting significantly worse at this workout. Not sure exactly why, but it is a horrible feeling to spend years in the gym and to only get worse at this simple shit and to be beaten by average gym members who move like shit, eat like shit and barely train. Not sure what's going on with my back/hip... It is just not improving and its affecting me a ton. I fucking hate crossfit right now.

PM Workout (1400) 

This afternoon was a much better session than this morning... was good to just workout alone and blow off some steam.

A.
4 Rounds for Max Reps:
1 Minute Row (calories)
1 Minute Burpees
1 Minute Double-Unders
1 Minute Rest

-Row: 25, 23, 24, 24
-Burpees: 19, 18, 17, 17
-DU: 76, 69, 65, 60

-This was some good conditioning ... was different than what I've been used to, in a good way.

Rest exactly 10 minutes then...

B.
'Strict JT' (scaled HSPU to 1 ab mat)
21-15-9
Strict HSPU (1 abmat)
Strict Ring Dips
Push-ups

-20:45 ... this is probably the toughest workout in all of crossfit for me? Strict pressing bodyweight stuff is terrible for me... but it was good to get this in and just go through it.

Rest about 5 minutes then...

C.
Every :30 for 5 minutes (10 sets) of:
Parallete HSPU 5 Second Negative x 1 rep

Meals for the Day: 

0520 - BCAAs, 1 scoop pre-workout

0800 (post-workout) - 2 Eggs, 2 Slices Ham, Paleo Granola, 1 Cup Kefir

0900 - 1 Cup Black Coffee

1145 - Steak, Potato Fries, 1/3 Cup Cashews

1500 (post-workout) - Egg White Protein, Rx Bar, 16 oz Coconut Water

1800 - 1 Serving Greek Yogurt

1945 - Chicken, Tabouli, Jerusalem Salad, Hummus, Pomegranate Seeds 

No comments:

Post a Comment