Tuesday, October 6, 2015

10/6/15

Today was a good workout. It was much lower volume than usual, but I got a lot of intensity out of it. I spend more time doing mobility today than working out... which is probably a much needed thing for me. I was really happy to squat a little weight today. I haven't actively attempted to squat at all in months and months... so this went okay and I was happy to be able to move without pain.

AM Workout 

A.
1 1/4 Front Squats
2-2-2-2-2
Rest as needed between sets

-225#, 245#, 275# x 3 sets ... this was good work... 275# didn't feel too heavy. I wanted to go up over 315#+ but I decided to just get in good reps at 275# given that this was my first time front squatting in a very long time.

B.
'Jeremy'
For time:
21-15-9
Overhead Squats (95#)
Burpees

-4:10 ... this is a good little burner. My burpees are generally slow... but I was able to do this workout unbroken.

C.
~30 minutes lower extremity mobility.

PM Workout 

A.
35 Minute moderate/easy run

-Went 20 out, 15 back; didn't calculate distance. Then...

B.
'Death by Strict Pull-ups' (on a fat bar)

-8 rounds + 6 pull-ups

C.
5 minute easy cool-down run

Meals for the Day 

0520 (pre-workout) - BCAAs, 1 scoop pre-workout

0720 (post-workout) - Egg White Protein

0930 - 4 Eggs, 4 Slices Ham, Coconut Oil, 1 Apple, Fish Oil

1000 - 1 Cup Black Coffee

1500 (post-workout) - Egg White Protein, Lara Bar, Apple Sauce

1630 - 3 Eggs, 3 Slices Ham, Coconut Oil, Chicken Salad, Fish Oil

1930 - Pork Chop, Apple, Pear, Green Beans

2100 - Pumpkin Puree and Almond Flour (small serving mixed together)

No comments:

Post a Comment