Saturday, October 31, 2015

10/31/15

Ran a half marathon today. This is definitely the longest I've ran in years. The last time I ran a normal half marathon it was in 2009 ... ran 1:46 then (8:09 pace) ... I remember that race feeling more difficult than it did today. Obviously, the courses were different, but I didn't feel too ripped up today from the race. I ran a 1:50 (about 8:21 pace) ... I was pretty happy with this result. I didn't really know what to shoot for today, just went out and tried to push myself as best I could.

I was on a 8:00 pace for about 7 miles... and then died off really hard. It was pretty rough to hit such a big wall and lose the 1:45 (8:00 pace) group. But I just kept pushing through and eventually the 1:50 pace group caught up with me. I really had to dig deep that last mile or so to stay with them. Then once mile 13 hit I took off from the group and came in right at 1:50.

I was happy with this given my general lack of coherent training ... just threw in a few interval sessions and long runs over the last 6-ish weeks and I felt pretty good today. This run really ripped up my hamstrings ... they are a little tight from the dead-lifts on Thursday.

This was a good experience to get back into running a little bit and push myself to do something I otherwise wouldn't. Looking for the a Thanksgiving 5k in a few weeks.

Meals for the Day: 

0730 - (pre-run) - Egg White Protein, 1 Banana, Almond Butter, 1.5 Cups Coffee

1100 (at race finish) - 1 Cup Chocolate Milk

1130 (once home) - Egg White Protein, 10 oz Coconut Water

1230 - 3 Eggs, 10 oz Coconut Water, Apple Sauce 

1400 (cheat meal - BBQ) - Brisket, Sausage, Corn Bread, Macaroni and Cheese, Unsweetened Almond Milk

From - 1800 - 2130 (cheat meal, Italian) - Pizza, Prosciutto, Bread, Meat Balls, Pasta, Steak, Salad, Donuts with Nutella, 1 Serving Rumchatta, 2.5 Glasses of Wine, 1 Glass of Champaign, small amount of cream in decaf coffee 

No comments:

Post a Comment