Sunday, October 25, 2015

10/25/15

This morning was a great workout. This was the best run I've been on in probably years. This is the lightest I've felt on my feet and the best I've felt aerobically in I don't know how long. It was a great feeling. I was pushing the pace the entire run and I was really surprised I hit a negative split given how hard I started out. I just pushed the pace and never stopped, coming in near an all out sprint. The weather was 61 degrees, sunny, with very little wind ... unreal weather for Chicago this time of year. It was great to feel so fit and enjoy every step of that run. I was passing people the entire time and if anyone on the lake shore path was getting close to me from behind I would speed up and never let them pass me... this was high school cross country shit I used to pull back in the day. It was just fun, really cool to run this well today, especially after hitting such a heavy workout yesterday. Great stuff! Looking forward to the gym tomorrow.

-49 minutes run (25 out, 24 back) ... this is the fastest I've ran in a while. I don't know the distance exactly, but I wasn't wholly concerned about that. I was just going off of feel and I felt great, ran fast. Really glad I got this run in today.

Meals for the Day: 

0830 - Chorizo, Sweet Potato, Onions, 2 Eggs, Mixed Greens, Watermelon/Mango Juice

1100 - Buffalo Jerky, 1 TBSP Almond Butter

1330 (post-run) - Egg White Protein, Rx Bar, 36 oz Coconut Water, 2 TSP Fish Oil

1630 - 6 oz Steak, 3 Eggs, Potato Fries

1830 - Buffalo Jerky, 1/3 Cup Cashews, Grapes

2000 - Protein Smoothie (whey protein, berries, almond butter)

No comments:

Post a Comment