Saturday, October 24, 2015

10/24/15

Today was a lower volume day in the gym. It was a 'Barbell for Boobs' event where everyone does 'Grace'. I've done that workout enough times that I wanted to try the workout at 225#. I have never done this, but have been wanting to for a while. I was glad I gave it a shot, it felt really good.

'Heavy Grace'
For time:
30 Clean and Jerks (225#)

-8:24 ... first 10 reps in 2 minutes, then slowed down to 10 reps every 3 minutes. No missed jerks, which was the plan. Big effort on this, I was moving fairly consistently and was happy with my effort. I have never done this workout before, but I have done 3 C+J at 225# on the minute for 10 minutes, which took just over 10 minutes to finish. So my goal was to go under 10 minutes. Glad I gave this a shot, have been wanting to do this for a while.

Meals for the Day: 

0830 - 3 Eggs, Pulled Pork, Sweet Potato, Plantain Chips, Salsa, Jalapeños, 1 Cup Black Coffee

1300 (post-workout) - Steak Salad (tomatoes, jalapeños, bacon, red peppers, caramelized onions, balsamic vinegar), 16 oz Coconut Water

1530 -  Steak Salad (tomatoes, jalapeños, bacon, red peppers, caramelized onions, balsamic vinegar), Buffalo Jerky, 1/3 Cup Cashews, 1 Cup Kefir, 10 Strawberries

1700 - 3 Eggs, 3 Slices Bacon, Plantains Chips, Salsa

1930 - Steak, 1/3 Cup Cashews


No comments:

Post a Comment