Saturday, December 18, 2010

12/18/2010

Today was a local competition between a few crossfit gyms. I was optimistic about my performance. I ended up placing 7th out of however many people competed (maybe 75?). Only a few people (about 10 between men and women) actually completed the WOD within the 20 minute cap. It was as follows:

100 x 95 lb Thrusters for time (20 minute cap)
With 5 burpees on the minute every minute

I did 10,10,10,5,5,5.... I missed two sets and didn't even do thrusters, just the burpees. I got to 19 minutes and I still had 10 thrusters left. At about 19:25 after my last set of burpees I had to do 10 thrusters. This set of 10 was extremely difficult, I definitely pushed my effort beyond where I usually would in training. After the workout I was dizzy and my body was shaking for a good 20 minutes. I'm extremely pleased I finished the workout in exactly 20:00 minutes (the time cap). So I officially completed the WOD RxD and took 7th overall. I was impressed with the efforts of a few of the other athletes competing. My coach said we're going to do this workout again in a few weeks to see how much we can improve our time with a little better understanding of the WOD and some strategy. I'm completely excited to do this again soon. This was good motivation for me to start doing more conditioning, I'm looking forward to the training in the coming months.



Meal 1 - Whey (15g), 1/2 Banana, 9 Almonds

Meal 2 - Recovery drink that was offered at the competition (4g F, 41g C, 21g P), 1/2 Banana

Meal 3 - 3 Chicken Sausages, 10 Strawberries

Meal 4 - 1 Large Steak, 2 cups Broccoli

Meal 5 - 2 Chicken Sausages

Meal 6 - 3 Chicken Sausages, a few pieces of fruit

-I had about 10 beers between 9 pm and 1 am

No comments:

Post a Comment