Thursday, December 9, 2010

12/9/2010

I slept about 9 1/2 hours which was great. I felt pretty good when I woke up, I wasn't too sore. Mostly in my hamstrings from the cleans yesterday. I was more than a little nervous about today's WOD; a 5k row for time. I was nervous not only because rowing 5k blows for everyone, but I felt there was a expectation for me to perform well on today's workout.

After a short warm-up I started the row. I kept the pace about 1:45 for the first 1000, then 1:49-1:52 until about 3500 then my pace suffered a little. I did the last 1000 in 1:49 with the last 500 around 1:30-1:40. Rowing 5k for time burned. I had a deep burning sensation in my lungs, I haven't had that happen in a very long time. My entire body hurt, especially my hamstrings, glutes and arms. I came in at 18:28. This is a decent time. I really think I have sub-18 in me. I am not in that great of aerobic shape right now. Closer to competition in spring time I believe I can easily achieve sub-18. Rowing 5k is a lot different than running 5k, but I had a plan and I stuck to it and it paid off. I'm still learning how to row distances over 1000 meters effectively, but I feel I'm progressing well. My time was the best in the gym by over 40 seconds. I was happy about that, but I feel I could have done a little better. I'm glad I now have a general idea of where I need to progress to when it comes to rowing.

After the 5k I did 4 x 2 minute planks with 60 second rest in between sets. These hurt, a lot. Then two sets of KTE, 35 reps and then 15 for a total of 50 reps. Today was a good day, I'm excited for tomorrow's metcon.

Meal 1 - Whey (12g), Flax (6g), 1/2 Banana

Meal 2 - Whey (27g), 1/2 Banana, 1 Slice Whole Wheat Bread, 1 tbsp Peanut Butter, 1 cup Milk, 1 tsp Creatine, 1 tsp Beta-alanine, 1 Multi-vitamin

Meal 3 - 3 Chicken Sausages, 1 cup Milk, 2 cups Broccoli

Meal 4 - 1 Steak, 2 cups Broccoli




No comments:

Post a Comment