Friday, December 10, 2010

12/10/2010

I slept 9 1/2 hours. I was well rested and felt great today, aside from my hip flexors being tight. The WOD today was a main site WOD from a few weeks ago. It was:

7 Rounds for time:

5 HSPU
10 Deadlifts @ 185
10 Chest to Bar Pull-ups
20 Double Unders

My time was 15:45. The only thing that got me on this workout was the double unders. I didn't nail one set unbroken. All the other reps were straight through with no rest, except my last set of dead lifts I stopped a few seconds and broke the set to 6 and 4. My time was about 3 1/2 minutes faster than the next best guy in the gym. I was happy about this. But the top crossfit guys are under 10 minutes. I feel I could do this under 10 minutes once I get more proficient at double unders and the way I was positioned in the gym I had to walk a little distance between the exercises, which added up over 7 rounds. I was pleased with my time, 6 months ago I could not have even done this WOD because of the HSPU and DUs.

Today was a high-carb day. I felt I needed it.

Meal 1 - Whey (12g), 1/2 Banana, 9 Almonds

Meal 2 - Whey (27g), 1/2 Banana, 1 tbsp Peanut Butter, 2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread, 1 cup Milk, 1 tbsp Creatine, 1 tbsp Beta-alanine, 1 Multi-vitamin

Meal 3 - 3 Chicken Sausages, 2 cups Broccoli, 2 cups Milk, 1 tbsp Peanut Butter, 1 Banana

Meal 4 - 3 Chicken Sausages, 7 Olives, 1 Banana, 1 cup Milk

No comments:

Post a Comment