Monday, March 19, 2018

3/18/18

18.4 Redo. 112 reps / 7:55 tie-break

6:00 not unbroken 'Diane' (PR is 3:55 unbroken, but had to hit every rep with perfect position under the new standard, took much longer) and then finished fourth set of dead-lifts at 7:55 ... I was totally smoked by this point... had a minute to handstand walk and couldn't get more than 1 increment. I have improved drastically over the years on my ability to do HSPU / handstand walk but I haven't improved enough to be able to handstand walk after Diane and 21 reps at 315#. This was a great experience though, I have a huge amount of work I can put in here to be a more well-rounded athlete.

Overall I knew the HSPU would be my worst finish in the Open, I was mentally prepared for this, but I don't think I was prepared for the negativity towards me from some of the people around me. People no-where near Regionals or a Regional Team Roster being hyper competitive doesn't make a fucking ounce of sense to me, but it is the community with which I am part for the near future. On to 18.5 on my future goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment