Saturday, March 24, 2018

3/24/18

AM (1000)

18.5

Gave 18.5 a run-through today… I knew I wasn’t doing great mentally/emotionally/physically going into the workout this morning. I got back late last night, about 11 pm. I’ve worked two consecutive 90+ hour work weeks with no days off and have been on the road for about 20 days straight. I hate New York… it was a rough week spending my days having my time taken from me at training while managing my clients during lunch and before and after training. The training was great… I feel like a much better attorney because of it, but it was completely draining given me case load.

All the travel and constant preparation for trial (4 trials coming up in May) has got me completely exhausted… I literally didn’t even want to go near the gym today, but after further evaluation I figured I should give 18.5 a run-through so I can re-evaluate and hit this again on Monday.

Sets were unbroken through 9.
12 Thrusters = unbroken
12 Pull-ups = 6/6
15 Thrusters = 8/7
15 Pull-ups = 8/7
18 Thrusters = 10/8
18 Pull-ups = 5/3/2/3/3 (shit-show) – took 75 seconds (124 reps)

Overall I executed my plan well, but I have a lot of room for improvement. I finished up the set of 18 thrusters with 75 seconds left… only got 16 pull-ups in the last 75 seconds. I have a lot of room there to improve. I knew I should have pushed, I knew I should’ve gone harder, but coming off all this travel/sickness/stress I just didn’t have any gas in the tank whatsoever. I didn’t feel aggressive, I just felt defeated. And I felt this way prior to the workout even starting. A few days of rest and time at home to chill the fuck out and not think about my job will do me well… looking forward to the opportunity to improve and get into that set of 21 thrusters come Monday.

PM (1800)

A.
4 Rounds, at an 75% effort consistent aerobic pace:
400m Run
20 KBS (53/35#)
30/20 Cal Assault Bike
40 Double-Unders

-Took about 27 minutes ... ran each of these 400s with my dog ... at what would be considered a fast pace of a 12 lb miniature dachshund ... this was some good/light aerobic activity

B.
3 Sets:
Single Arm KB Cross-Body Row (53/35#) x 20 reps (10 each arm)
Rest as needed
Tempo Ring Dips x 8-10 reps (2 seconds down, 1 second hold in bottom, 1 second up, 1 second hold at top)
Rest as needed

-Complete... great accessory ... ring dips ended up being 8/7/7 ... very tough with the tempo/time under tension

No comments:

Post a Comment