Friday, March 11, 2011

3/11/2011

I got 7 hours of sleep, I was hoping I'd get a little more than that, but I still felt relatively good today. I set another PR today, this week has been amazing; 3 PRs in one week. That tells me I'm doing my training correctly (i.e. not over training as some would speculate). Anyway, today's workout was:

AM Workout

Work up to a 1 rep max dead-lift:
365,385,400 (5 lb PR)

Then:

'DT'
With a 155 lb bar, 5 RFT:
12 Dead-lifts
9 Hang Power Cleans
6 Push Jerks

My time was 13.09; an improvement over my previous time of 14.52. This still was not quite as fast as I wanted to go. I was shooting for below 12 minutes. I had a solid pace until halfway through the 4th round. Then my shoulders bonked hard and the push jerks seemed nearly impossible. My cardio is in place, not during any point of this workout was I maxing out my heart rate. I felt great on the 1 rep max, I'm glad I pulled 400, its been a number I've wanted to reach in my mind for a long time. What really held me back today was my overhead strength, my biggest athletic deficiency. Overall a good training session, I'm staying positive despite my WOD time wasn't where it should have been. I'm looking forward to much needed rest.

PM Workout (3+ hours after AM workout)

I ended up getting in the gym a second time. I wanted to get 2 meals in before my second training session, but I ended up not having the time. I felt great on the second workout despite the challenging workout this morning. I got in some fast conditioning; it got my heart rate, but was not extremely taxing.

The workout was Tabata:

Rowing
Hammer Strikes
24" Box Step-ups with a 45 lb Plate
Knees to Elbows / Lunges
Rope Strikes / Burpees
Dumbbell Curl / Seesaw Press (25 lb)
Squats / Sit-ups
PVC Snatch / PVC OH Squat

Today was great. I felt great, I look good in the mirror and I'm extremely happy I set three PRs this week. Everything is coming together and I'm excited to compete. Although I've come to the realization that I won't go to the regional competition, I have still personally improved drastically over the last year. Considering this I'm excited to keep training hard and to continue to take my fitness to new heights.


Meal 1 (pre-workout) - Whey Protein, Flax Oil, 1/2 Banana (180 Cal, 6.5g F, 14.5g C, 13g P)

Meal 2 (post-workout / pre-workout) - 1/2 Chicken Breast, 1/2 Banana, 1 slice WW Bread (425 Cal, 14g F, 39g C, 37g P)

Meal 3 (post-workout) - 4 eggs, 1 slice WW Bread, 1 cup Milk, 1 tbsp Peanut Butter, 1/2 banana (600 Cal, 28g F, 53g C, 43g P)

Meal 4 - 2 Slice WW Bread, 1 tbsp Peanut butter, 1 Chicken Breast (655 Cal, 22g F, 51g C, 60g P)

Meal 5 - 1/2 Chicken Breast, 1 slice WW Bread, 2 cups Soup (710 Cal, 26g F, 79g C, 56g P)

Meal 6 - 1 Chicken Breast, Flax, Fiber (300 Cal, 12g F, 0g C, 39g P)

Daily Total (two-a-day / high carb): 2870 Cal, 108.5g F, 236.5g C, 248g P

No comments:

Post a Comment