Saturday, March 26, 2011

3/26/2011

I got back into town today. I got in the gym in the morning. I felt great and my muscles were 'full,' to say the least, from all the eating I've been doing this last week. Despite all the abnormal food during this week, I felt great today. In fact I felt so great that I ripped my right palm very deep doing pull-ups. This blows considering I have a PFT soon and need to get my pull-ups in every day; not to mention there could be pull-ups in this week's 'Open' WOD.

Also, starting on Monday I'm going to go 100% 'Paleo.' I typically only have non paleo food (typically whole wheat bread, sometimes pasta/brown rice) post-workout or on re-feed days. I'm going to move to sweet potatoes for my PWO meal and see how I feel.

AM Workout

Strict Press 5,5,5,5 (95,115,135,135)

Then:

1,2,3,4...10 95 lb Cluster
10,9,8....1 Chest to bar Pull-ups

Then:

2 Rounds for time:
20 Lunges
20 Squats
20 Jump Squats
10 Burpees

I cut the cluster/pull-up workout short, I ripped very badly on the 8/3. I finished the clusters but not the pull-ups. I was stoked I got 135 for two sets of five on press. I'm so much stronger than I was a year ago it blows my mind. I could not push-press 135 once a year ago. I felt great on the press and clusters today. The short body weight WOD at the end was great, it fried my legs a ton. It took about 4:30.

PM Workout (3+ hours after AM)

50 minute out and back up run. 30 minutes uphill and 20 back down. Solid run, not in the best of weather. The pace varied throughout the run, depending on the rate of incline.

The diet will be back online on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment