Wednesday, April 11, 2012

4/11/12

First time this week I've been in the gym after a day of 100% clean eating and not having alcohol the previous day. It was also the best I've felt; coincidence? Definitely not. Had a solid early morning session, it was short and intense.

EMOM for 10 minutes - Snatch Balance @ 200#

-I missed the 5th minute, went for an extra minute on the 11th to get 10 total reps. This was a struggle for me. My max snatch balance before this was ~195#. So this was as heavy as I've ever gone, for 10 minutes in a row. Solid effort, I felt strong.

Rest 20 minutes then...

For time:
800m Run
30 Power Cleans (135#)
30 Burpees

6.29. This was a total sprint. I came off the 800 in 2.50. Power cleans got harder than I thought they would, had to break them up a bit. Burpees burned my lungs, overall felt good though. Great session. Keeping it really simple this week. It's been a good break so far. I'm excited to train again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment