Monday, April 23, 2012

4/23/12

AM Workout (0900)

I was back home for 6 days, now on the road again. I tried to get solid workouts in while back home. But I've still got a lot going on and haven't gotten everything dialed back in yet. As I'm traveling today, the hotel had a small gym. Went in during the early morning with my buddy and came up with a workout on the spot. It ended up looking like this:

15 Rounds, rest is partner's set:
5 Burpees
5 Dead-lifts (2 x 40# dumbbell)
5 Hang Power Cleans (2 x 40# dumbbell)
5 Thrusters (2 x 40# dumbbell)

-We were going to do an EMOM, but ended up not having a clock. So we just went 100% intensity for every set, with the partner's set being the rest. It ended up being very challenging toward the end. Definitely a solid workout. I hate any movements involving a dumbbell. I miss the consistency I used to have, but I'm getting as much hard work in as I can during this transitory phase of my life.

-Practiced Pistols (one legged squats) after the WOD. I probably did about 75 reps, resting as needed. These felt really good. I don't do them often, but they are a movement that came pretty easily to me. I'm really excited for event 2 at regionals. It is going to be awesome.

PM Workout (2100) 

12 hours after my first workout, ended up getting back into the gym with my buddy. We found some jump ropes and I put together an AMRAP on the spot.

15 Minute AMRAP:

20 Double-unders
15 Air Squats
10 Push-ups
10 V-ups
5 Renegade rows (2 x 40#)

-I can't remember my rounds, I wasn't recording them. But the intensity was really quality and high. Everything was at 100% speed, it felt really good. This AMRAP, late in the day and on little food/sleep while traveling, was strangely the best I've felt since 'Kalsu' the other day. Solid session, not exactly what I need for regionals training, but hard work in the right direction nonetheless.


No comments:

Post a Comment