Tuesday, April 24, 2012

4/24/12

Workout 1 (0630)

Still traveling. Got in the gym early this morning for a decent AM session. It looked like this:

For time:

'Annie' (with a twist)
50/40/30/20/10 - Double-unders / sit-ups
-10 Turkish Get-ups (#45 dumbbell) each round (5 right then 5 left)

-Didn't time it, but got everything done at intensity. Solid session. I don't do get-ups enough, they were challenging.

Workout 2 (1230)

I got out the door and walked about 2k from my hotel to Stanley Park in Vancouver, BC. I then ran around 11k or about 7 miles at an easy pace. I ran all over the park and then the 2k through the city to my final destination of my hotel. I was a bit stiff at first, but once I got going I felt really good. This is the farthest I've run in a long time and the longest I've ever run in my minimalist shoes. My ankles and achilles were tight/slightly painful at the beginning of the run, but eventually they loosened up. This is definitely not the the type of 'training' I need for regionals. But life isn't all about regionals and it was good to go out and explore a beautiful city and park using nothing more than my feet and lungs. I'm extremely excited to get back to my training grind once I get back to Seattle.

Workout 3 (2100)

Didn't plan on working out a third time today, but my buddy wanted to. Decided to switch it up and do a WOD involving a pool. We put together something on the spot and went hard. I haven't done a three-a-day in a long time! I was definitely feeling that run, these air squats suck. It was awesome to swim with my heart rate maxed out. Nothing like forcing the mind to remain calm while in the red zone and trying to swim. Great stuff. Extremely excited to head back to Seattle tomorrow.

10 Rounds for Time:

30 yard swim
10 Push-ups
20 Air Squats

-Didn't time the workout, but went 100% intensity. Everything felt pretty crappy, but it was the third workout of the day and I'm not used to swimming or the long distance running I did earlier today. I'm excited to put my effort toward training for the regional WODs. It's been a weird last few weeks. It will be good to back in the thick of things at my gym. Today is a decent example of throwing stuff together on the fly in order to stay fit while traveling and facing adversity.


No comments:

Post a Comment