Saturday, April 28, 2012

4/28/12

I felt pretty horrible today. I have no food in my house; yesterday all I ate was whey protein shakes and fish oil and a little fruit. Yesterday I also got the worst night's sleep in as long as I can remember. Between not really eating and not sleeping, and all the weird food/alcohol/traveling, I just didn't feel very good today. I hit regional event 4. I know I can do better than I did today. I just wasn't feeling it. I gassed out hard toward the end, especially the last set of pull-ups. Anyway, here was today:


2012 Regional Event 4
For time:
50 Back Squats (135#)
40 Pull-ups
30 Shoulder-to-Overhead (135#)
50 Front Squats (85#)
40 Pull-ups
30 Shoulder-to-Overhead (85#)
50 Overhead Squats (65#)
40 Pull-ups
30 Shoulder-to-Overhead (65#)

The cutoff for this workout is 22 minutes. I didn't know this going into it, I just went as hard as possible. The guy I was training with finished in exactly 21 minutes. I was on his pace the entire time, but I gassed out hard on the last set of pull-ups. I ended up finishing just shy of 25 minutes. I'm not happy with this time. I will do this faster again before regionals. The squats weren't too bad, the pull-ups got me. Efficiency and my lack of mastery of the butterfly got me, these are things I need to work on a lot. I can usually muscle my way through sets of up to 20 pull-ups, but 40 kills me. Overall a solid WOD though. Pretty sobering that I didn't make the cut-off. I will give this another go soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment