Thursday, April 12, 2012

4/12/12

Despite the copious amount of booze I consumed yesterday, I felt awesome today. Today's session was a little higher volume than I've been doing this week. I was toasted afterward. This was more of an 'off season' workout and when I get back home I won't be doing sessions like this, but it was a solid strength session. It was a great time.

EMOM for 20 minutes:

-Even minutes: 1 Power Clean + 3 Front Squats (235#)
-Odd minutes: 2 Muscle-ups (double-dip at top)

Rest 5 minutes then...

Dead-lift - Work up to a heavy single - worked up to 445#, was going to go heavier, but my form was deteriorating at 445, so I decided to not go any heavier.

Strict Press - Work up to a heavy single - worked up to 155#, failed at 165#. I was just not feeling these today. After the muscle-ups my shoulder were fried.

Rest 5 minutes then...

5 Rounds, rest is partner's set:

Prowler Push (115# added on prowler) - 100 ft
20 Sledge Hammer Strikes (10 right / 10 left)

Straight into...

2 Rounds, rest is partner's set:
10 Skin-the-cats
15 Second L-sit hold
10 Ab-wheel roll-outs
10 GHD Sit-ups

Overall a solid session. Not necessarily standard Crossfit, but still a great strength training session. I haven't been on a prowler in a long time, it was awesome. Great day in the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment