Thursday, April 5, 2012

4/5/12

Today was awesome. The best lifting session I've had in a long time. I was sore when I woke up and didn't feel very recovered. My buddy wanted to max out squat clean today, I wanted to do some EMOM stuff, anyway I tried to get in the zone. Anyway, we ended up doing both.

EMOM 5 minutes - Squat Clean (220#)

Straight into...

EMOM 5 Minutes - Squat Clean (240#)

Straight into...

EMOM 5 Minutes - Squat Clean (260#)

Straight into...

EMOM 3 Minutes - Squat Clean (280#)

Straight into...

EMOM 2 Minutes - Squat Clean (289#)

Solid session. Originally I planned to get through the 260 in 15 minutes. We were feeling good so we went to 280. My PR before that was 271#. 280 felt good for 3 reps, so I went up to 289. I missed it the first minute, but then hit it the second attempt. I almost wanted to go up some more, but 289 was a struggle and an 18 lb PR. I will go for 300 next time in a not EMOM setting. I was really surprised I PRed in an EMOM, but sometimes everything just comes together. I love lifting and setting PRs. This is what it's all about, just going for it!

Rest 20 minutes then...

With a 135# barbell, AMRAP 15 Minutes:

1 Power Clean
1 Hang Squat Clean
1 Push-Press
1 Thruster

35 rounds. 140 total reps. Solid metcon, just paced everything and went through the movement. Every round was unbroken, I tried not to rest too much between rounds. Great training session. Maybe could have gone a little harder, but the clean session prior was taxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment