Monday, April 30, 2012

4/30/12

Felt pretty decent today, although my lats, biceps and shoulders are still pretty fried from Saturday. My legs felt good. I technically set a PR, but I don't think I've ever gone for a 10 RM front squat before, so it's not really a PR. I made up a solid AMRAP involving regional movements, it ended up being an awesome session.

Front Squat - 10,10,10,10, 9 (f) - 135, 185, 205, 225, 245 - failed on the last rep of 245.

Rest 15 minutes then...

AMRAP 20 minutes:

10 One-Arm Dumbbell Snatch, Alternating (65#) - regional standard
10 Pistols, Alternating - regional standard
40 Double-Unders

9 Rounds + 6 Dumbbell Snatch. 65# is the heaviest dumbbell we have in our gym. I'm headed to another gym this week to throw around a 100#. 65 felt light, I'm excited to see how 100# feels. Pistols felt decent, they were really hard toward the last few minutes of this AMRAP. I did this workout in weightlifting shoes; I've never done double-unders in weightlifting shoes. I was surprised by how easy they were, I thought they would be challenging for some reason. I definitely missed more reps than usual, but not too many. Overall a solid session. Excited for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment