Friday, April 20, 2012

4/20/12

The workout today was 'Kalsu.' I've known about this workout for a long time, but have never done it. I was nervous to say the least. But whenever I see a WOD and I'm nervous about it, that means I always force myself to do it. Once the clock started, I was extremely surprised to find out I felt strong and awesome. It's been a weird time of my life during the last few weeks. It has definitely affected my training volume and diet/rest etc. I'm so excited to get back on my training grind and this workout was the perfect way to get back into it.

'Kalsu'
For time: 100 Thrusters (135#)
-5 burpees every minute on the minute

25.48. Solid effort. Did 5 thrusters every minute for the first 10 minutes. Then had to break up the thrusters more. I also took 3 minutes of rest without any thrusters. Someday I want to be able to do this workout in under 20 minutes. Overall a solid training session. I'm sure ill be feeling this tomorrow. Great workout. If you've never done this workout, take a day of rest and hit it fresh. It's a mental battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment