Saturday, August 4, 2018

8/4/18

This morning kicked my ass... part B was terrible. This is the least fit I've felt in a while... I was extremely sore in my biceps/forearms/posterior chain from yesterday... today was primarily upper body pressing, but still didn't feel great.

A.
3 Rounds, not for time:
Ring Muscle-ups x 10 reps
Handstand Walk x 60 feet
Double-Unders x 75 reps (unbroken sets)

-Complete ... felt very warm after this, sets of 10 ring MU were easy. Handstand walks were all 30/30 except one set that I messed up.

B.
Every 3 for 24 (8 sets):
15/12 Calorie Bike
10 Burpee Box Jump Overs (24/20”)
8 Strict HSPU 

-This was a shit-show... much harder than I thought it would be ... HSPU were 8/8/8/0/5/4/4/4 ... ROUGH. Tried to give myself 20-30 seconds of rest here so cut the HSPU short... I am excited to re-test this when I am in better shape. Doing this coming off XC camp was a bitch and a half.

C.
Teams of 3
200 Bench Press (135/95#)
*Every time you break perform 10 strict pull-ups 

-Complete ... this took about 15 minutes, was a fun way to get together with the people we were training with and just have fun. Great stuff. My sets were 20/15/13 bench press with unbroken pull-up sets ... overall rough, my partners benched a lot more of the reps than I did.

D.
3 Sets:
DB Skull Crushers x 10-12 reps (2 x 25#) @ 2 second down tempo
Rest as needed
Banded Overhead Tricep Extensions (red band) x 15 reps
Rest as needed

-Complete ... this was brutal on the triceps ... banded extensions were WAY harder than I thought they would be. Great finisher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment