Wednesday, November 10, 2010

11/10/2010

I slept about 10 1/2 hours; which was much needed. I felt average when I woke up, a little tired, probably because I'm not used to that much sleep. Got in the gym and started with some muscle-ups. I only did three sets. 5,4,3 on reps. It was a nice warm-up and I was happy to get 5 in a row for the first time (I just learned muscle-ups about a month ago, but they are progressing nicely). After the muscle ups I did 30 ring dips over a few sets as the dip part of the muscle-up is by far my weakest element of the movement.

The workout was:

500m row, 2 minute plank x 5 with 60 seconds rest after each plank.

This workout is extremely simple and extremely difficult. My row splits were a lot more off than I thought they would be (13 second difference between 1st and 5th) probably because the plank between is so exhausting when you're in oxygen debt already.

Splits:
1.32, 1.37, 1.42, 1.42, 1.45

1.32 is a decent time considering I haven't been doing any aerobic conditioning outside the gym. When I'm in shape for conditioning and not in a strength faze (i.e. closer to competition) my goal is to have a 1.25 500m sprint.

Meal 1: Whey (12g), Flax (6g), Plumb

Meal 2: Whey (27g), Plumb, 1 cup Milk, 1 Slice Whole Wheat Bread, 1 tbsp Peanut Butter, 1 tsp Creatine, 1 tsp Beta-alanine, Multi-vitamin

Meal 3: 1 Steak, 1/2 Bell Pepper, 1 cup Broccoli, 1 cup Milk

Meal 4: 1 Plumb, 12 almonds

Meal 5: 1 Burger, Lettuce, 1/2 avocado, 1 cup Broccoli, 1 Protein Bar (6g F, 16g C, 20g P), 1 cup Milk

Meal 6: 2 Chicken Sausages, Fiber Shake

No comments:

Post a Comment