Friday, November 5, 2010

11/5/2010 - Friday

Woke up feeling decently sore; particularly my shoulders, posterior chain, and quads. Upon waking up I was not as excited as I was yesterday to do today's workout, but it will still be fun. Went through a long warm up to get out the soreness; lots of stretching, medicine ball movements and barbell work. Once I got nice and warm I felt good for the workout. He workout was as follows:

10 Cleans, 9,8...1 and 1 Split Jerk, 2,3...10

1 Power Snatch, 2, 3...10 and 10 Overhead Squats, 9, 8...1

So the workout was 10 cleans, 1 split jerk, 9 and 2 ect. Rest was 60 seconds between sets. I rested 3 minutes between the transition to power snatches and OH squats. Then rest was 90 seconds between sets. This workout was done with a 95 lb bar. The first half was much easier than the second half; the clean and jerks should have been done with 135; but the snatches and overhead squats were killer. I was decently exhausted by the end. I worked on OH squat technique for about 20 minutes after the WOD. My shoulders have really taken a beating this week, but they are my biggest athletic deficiency. At this point I have developed the mobility, I just need to get a lot stronger with overhead lifts.

I had serious DOMS in the afternoon and evening following this workout. It will probably be worse tomorrow. The workout tomorrow is going to be rough. I'm looking forward to next week when I can get more rest in between workouts.

Meal 1 - Whey (12g), 1/2 Banana, Flax oil (6g)

Meal 2 - 2 Chicken Sausages, 2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread, 2 tbsp Peanut Butter, 1 cup Milk

Meal 3 - 1 Chicken Breast, 2 Cups Broccoli, 1 tbsp olive oil, 10 Strawberries

Meal 4 - 3 Chicken Sausages, 1/2 Avocado, 4 pineapple slices

Meal 5 - 2 Chicken Sausages, 4 pineapple slices

No comments:

Post a Comment